Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Sweet Simplicity!

In my desire to simplify, I have been trying to reuse things for a different purpose.  In this case, it's orange juice containers.  I don't drink juice because it has too much sugar in it, but I know other people do.  In this case, it is my mother.  I asked her to save her orange juice carton for me.  She saved two of them because they were different sizes.  I cut the the top section off and now I use them to hold bags for me to pour things into.  As you can see, the top was not cut off perfectly in a Martha Stewart fashion.  I'm trying to get away from the perfection thing too.  It causes too much stress and I don't need any more than what I already have.  As a matter of fact, I'd like to get rid of it too, but that's another story for another time.  Back to the OJ cartons.  It's hard to put left over soup in a bag to freeze without another person standing there holding the bag open.  The big one is good for gallon sized ziploc bags and the smaller one is good for the quart sized bag.  Just put the bag in the container and fold the sides of the bag over the edges of the juice container.  TA-DAA!  Today I put a gallon bag in the bigger one and poured in chocolate chip banana muffin mixture.  That recipe is already on the blog.  I zipped the bag closed, squeezed out the air, snipped the corner off the bag, and squeezed the mixture into the cups of the muffin pan. I will NEVER spoon cupcake or muffin batter into the cups again!!!!!  It was not messy in any way and then I just threw the bag away.  I know.  I am a simple person.  It's the small things that make me happy!  Ahhh!  Sweet Simplicity!




No comments:

Post a Comment