Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Setting the Record Straight

Numerous people have made a statement to others about me that simply isn't true.  They are saying, "Gayla loves to cook!"  Let me set the record straight.  I DO NOT like to cook.  Refer back to my July 11, 2011 post.  I specifically said, "I do not like to cook.  I like to eat."  I still stand by those words.  However, if I don't cook, I don't eat.  It's a survival thing.  With that being said, let me tell you about my weekly routine.  Friday night on my way home from work, I stop by the farmer's market and pick up lots of veggies and fruits I know I would enjoy during the next week.  I did this yesterday.  By getting that out of the way on Friday, I can sleep later on Saturday.  Then Saturday (sometimes it carries over to Sunday), I get up and start cooking veggies.  I did it this morning.  I cooked and prepped for 3 1/2 hours.  While the first food was roasting in the oven, I was getting the next pan of food ready to take its place.  I know that's a long time, but that's 3 1/2 hours I don't have to be in the kitchen during the work week. This morning I roasted all of my vegetables using the technique I wrote about in my last post.  I roasted asparagus, zucchini, okra, green beans, cauliflower, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes.  This was the first time I had roasted mushrooms or green beans.  I haven't completely decided if I like the green beans or not.  I ate 2 of them, but was too busy to eat more. When I roasted the mushrooms, I used spray butter on top of them and cut the cooking time down to 15 minutes.  I stirred them around after 10 minutes.  Now I can have a variety of foods for lunch and dinner and don't have to spend time during the week preparing it. Now if someone wants to make a true statement about me, they might want to try this one:  GAYLA LOVES TO SLEEP LATE.  I won't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment