Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner



I knew today was going to be a busy day because after work I had physical therapy.  This usually puts me home later than usual so I planned ahead.  Last night I pre-cooked the sausage and put it in my little chopper.  It was ready to be turned into gravy when I got home.  All I had to do was add eggs, toast, and grits and dinner was complete!  You can replace the toast with biscuits and it's even better.

Sausage Gravy

3 Tb. oil
2 Tb. flour
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup milk
1 roll of cooked sausage

Cook and finely chop sausage before starting.  Mix oil, flour, salt and pepper in a pot and brown.  Add milk and sausage.  Stir and mix well until thickened.  If the gravy becomes too thick, add a little water and stir.


No comments:

Post a Comment