Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Tortellini! It as much fun to say as it is to eat!


You have to admit, it's fun to say the names of Italian food.  Try it!  Tortellini!  Fettuccine!  Maranara!  See, I was right.  Or maybe I'm just easily amused.  Hmmmmm.

Last Sunday I found two $1 coupons in the paper for Buitoni Pasta.  The grocery store had it on sale this week so with my coupons, the price wasn't so bad.  I made two trips to the grocery store today because I forgot the Alfredo sauce and Parmesan cheese on the first trip.  After I returned home the second time, I realized I didn't have the fresh broccoli.  I did have a bag of frozen broccoli so I used that instead.  Fresh would have been better, but I didn't have it in me to go to the grocery store three times in one day.  One day I'll get my act together and get everything on one list.  Today wasn't that day.  Maybe tomorrow ... or the day after.

Broccoli Cheese Tortellini

 1 jar of Ragu Alfredo sauce
1 cup fresh broccoli florets
2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated chicken and cheese tortellini
1 ½  cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add pasta and broccoli.  Cook uncovered, over medium-low heat for 8 - 10 minutes.   Drain the pasta and broccoli.  Stir in Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, and pepper.  Stir in cheese and pepper into broccoli mixture.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 - 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. 

It looked better on the plate, but I ate it before I realized I had not taken a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment